Thursday, December 24, 2009

Why does my computer shut down when I remove my flash drive?

When I remove my flash drive from my computer, it shuts off. By shut off, I don't mean crash. It acts as if I had told Windows to shut itself down. It closes all of my windows, asks me to save unsaved data, and shuts Windows down safely. Any ideas as to how I can stop this?Why does my computer shut down when I remove my flash drive?
Windows doesn't like you. It saw you talking to that Mac dealer who wanted to sell you a Unix system with Lynix as a back-up OS. on an Apple computer.





I don't like you either. And the band in this place sucks. Bah! I'm going back to the space port, coming Chewy?Why does my computer shut down when I remove my flash drive?
Do you just pull the flash drive out or do you do the safe removal? Unfortunately some computers will do this to people for no apparent reason.





(asks me to save unsaved data) this usually comes up when the computer hasn't really finished what it was doing and got interrupted.
Try running a Scandisk. If there are any programs running from the flash drive, try closing them first. If that doesnt work, try repairing your XP installation

No comments:

Post a Comment