Thursday, December 24, 2009

How do I update my PS3 system with the USB flash drive?

I am trying to update my ps3 to the current software version 1.93. I downloaded it and it says its a .PUP file. I put it on my USB flash drive and plugged the flash drive into my ps3 but when I try to run system update from storage device, I get nothing. No update files detected. The USB drive is detected but no files on it are.How do I update my PS3 system with the USB flash drive?
Create a folder on the storage media in which to save the update data.


Using a PC, create a folder named “PS3” on the storage media or USB device. Within the PS3 folder, create a folder named “UPDATE”.





Download the update data and save it in the UPDATE folder created in step 1





Insert the storage media or USB device that contains the update data in the PS3™ system.





From the home menu, select (Settings) %26gt; (System Update), and then press the button





Note: the folder names are case sensitive.. use CAPS

No comments:

Post a Comment