Friday, January 8, 2010

How do you turn on flash for a Nikon SLR camera?

My brother is the only one who knows how to work the Nikon SLR camera, but when he went on vacation, I was next in line. He taught be the basics, but I forgot how to turn on the flash. Somebody please give me the answers!How do you turn on flash for a Nikon SLR camera?
If you have a Nikon DSLR like a D40, D40x, D50, D70, S70x, D80, D100, or D200, it should turn on as needed when the metering dial is set to ';A'; for Automatic. In other modes, such as P, M, S, and A, you can just press the small flash button next to the pentaprism.





If you chose to turn it on or off for your own composition, have the metering dial set for ';A'; and hold down the button. As you hold down the button, roll the wheel on the upper right of the back. You will see symbols for auto flash, no flash, and auto flash with redeye reduction.





On a N55, N60,N65, or N75, I'm pretty sure they operate the same way, but as I pull out my old film Nikons, I find the batteries are dead! I'll verify that info for you later.





If you have any other questions, please ask.How do you turn on flash for a Nikon SLR camera?
You didn't mention which SLR model you have. On mine, hold the camera as if you are using it. Look around the left of the flash unit on the camera and you should see a button just below the flash. Press this for a second and the flash should pop up.





With most of them if you use auto mode the flash will pop up when the camera thinks it needs it.
If it's an on camera flash and not a separate unit, there should be a button that has a lightening bolt. Push that to pop it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment